A while ago on Arachne there was a thread on needle tatting.  I tried shuttle
tatting, but my hands just can't do it.

Picked up Barbara Foster's LEARN
NEEDLE TATTING STEP-BY-STEP and last week set
out to try it.  Companioned
with TotusMel's videos and how-to's on
Instructables.com,  I was successful
with the basics...after a few tries, that
is.  I am enjoying this very much.
It goes quickly, it's very portable, and the
results are beautiful.  I made
TotusMel's medallion during coffee hour after
church this morning...amazed at
how fast it went.

Spent a few hours perusing the internet for snowflake
patterns, and found one
that I like, but it uses something called a
self-closing mock ring in the
pattern.  Of course, there is nothing in the
book I have showing how to do
this.  And nothing on the internet showing how
to do SCMR in needle tatting.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Peg
In Cleveland
Hts OH, today, being very lazy and relaxing.