Nice job Agnes, it is beautiful.  Did you have much shrinkage when you released
the yarn from the pins?  I did a small scarf years ago and was disappointed
with
the tension.  I think I was just using a fine wool, or maybe it had some
acrylic
in it.
Janice

<Last night I finished a Torchon shawl for my daughter for Christmas. When I
started it 2 moths ago, I was not sure whether it would be for Christmas
2011 or 2012, but I did it, and am quite pleased with the result.
The material was a mixture of alpaca wool, silk and rayon in lace weight.
Not the easiest to work with at it is very slippy and I used standard
English bobbins with spangles.
I have uploaded some photos on Webshots in the Arachne album.
Go to : webshots; log in as Arachne 2003 and password is honiton.
Back to my Chantilly practice pieces now.

Agnes Boddington>
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org