I would also like to send to all my Arachnean friends an Estonian greeting.
Here you are wished an "Happy end to the Old Year" before 31st December
& then a "Happy New Year" from 1st January.
Thank you for being such a friendly connection to the outside world.

Our Christmas weekend was very quiet with our youngest son away from home.
He'd decided that he'd like to go to Slovakia with a few friends.

Just before Christmas I visited a local yarn shop & bought a book that I had seen mentioned by one
of my favourite bloggers when she had written about it last year:
http://brittarnhildshouseinthewoods.typepad.com/brittarnhilds_house_in_th/2010/12/december-3rd-busy-needles.html

I was surprised to see 2 pages with lace - a tatted cross on page 103 & a photo of some ornaments decorated with bobbin lace (from an Anna magazine I'm sure) on page 128.
For those that like to knit these balls are fairly quick to make.

Best wishes for 2012 from
Pene in Tartu, Estonia
where we are waiting for snow.