Hi, Jill,

Welcome to the Very addictive world of Needlelace!!!  I use sticky-back
plastic over my paper pattern, which is tacked onto 4 layers of
calico(Muslin to USA!)

When I can, I use the thicker matt finish blue 'contact', but as it is
expensive I often just use a blue-ish green contact, as it is easy on the
eyes!  If doing coloured lace I use clear contact over white paper, but for
white work I use a colour for contrast.

Do you know of the Needlelace Talk site, where there is lots of help for
beginners, and more advanced needlelace makers - as well as lots of eye
candy!!!  If not - google it, and  join (free) and you will get lots of
help, ideas, etc.

Liz, on holiday in Mallacoota, Australia.
lizl...@bigpond.com