---- lynrbai...@desupernet.net wrote:
Going to New York is 3 hours by train, but again, you have to drag all the
stuff around as you walk around, no lockers anywhere after 9/11, and I make
sure to travel as lightly as possible, editing the contents of my handbag,
even, so instead I bring socks to knit.  Sad, but true.-----

So knit lace-pattern socks (or other small lace accessories, like scarves)!
Who says lace always has to mean bobbin lace?  Getting the lace mentality "out
there" is what's important, not which type of lace you get them started with.
Knitting has become so popular that lace knitting is a good transition to other
laces.  While most (by no means all) "lace" groups seem to be mostly BL makers,
most of the groups seem to have members who do other types of lace (instead of,
or in addition to, BL), especially tatting and knitting/crochet.  Get those
other lacemakers into a group and *then* work on getting them interested in
your favorite lace (I address this to all lacemakers, whatever their favorite
lace is).

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com