---- lynrbai...@desupernet.net wrote:
Speaking of meeting rooms, how does one go about finding one?

Churches vary; they don't all charge exhorbitant fees.  One of the groups I
belong to meets weekly in a church basement.  A member of the group is a member
of that church and they have it for free.  They make a donation at the end of
each year, but it's never been something the pastor asked for.  The group used
to meet monthly in a different church for an annual fee of USD 50.

Many towns (or neighborhoods in cities) have community centers, or rooms in the
public buildings.  Citizens of those towns/neighborhoods are allowed to use
them for free.  The group that meets in a church basement uses the Borough
building for workshops.  The police department and city offices are in the
building.  A sewing group I belong to meets at a community room at the local
pound (city-run animal shelter), but they're considering moving to a community
room at a fire station.

A weaving group I belong to meets at a local college, in a classroom; another
lace group meets in another church.  I don't know what financial arrangements
either of them have.  They are both large-ish groups so they may be able to pay.

I also belong to a small lace group (9 members, usually 4-6 come to any
meeting) that meets at members' homes.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com