I, for one, would love it if someone posted to Webshots with a picture of one of these fans, made with "loopy stir sticks"! Sounds inventive and creative, and definitely modern!!

Clay

On 2/11/2012 11:37 AM, Janice Blair wrote:
From: "Sue"<2harv...@tiscali.co.uk>

Loopy stir sticks ??? - tell me more please.

They are plastic and look like large needles with an elongated eye at one end.
  I have not seen anything like them in the U.S.  We just have little sticks
that
look like miniature straws.

The eye part has been used as the center spine of the fan, all of them gathered
together, and the pointed end is the outer part of the fan stick.  Clever idea.
  Lacemakers are amazing at repurposing things.
Janice
  Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org