Jacquie and I were at the Lace Event in CamariƱas again this year - this time as exhibitors. Last year we were visitors but had nowhere to 'call our own' space and had to find little corners to sit and make lace. We were surprised at how many people told us that they didn't know that there was lace made in England. We made enquiries as to if and how we could be there with a booth for this year.

We had an exhibit of most, if not all, of the different types of lace made in England. We had photos of one or two types where we didn't actually have a sample.

We had our English lace pillows and I made a Malmesbury bookmark (for my bookmark exchange) and Jacquie worked on a piece of Bedfordshire. It is interesting how similar the Bedfordshire and the local Galician lace are. The main difference is the weight of the thread. People are very interested to see our English bobbins with all the spangles.

I will go back in a heart-beat if I get the chance.

Malvary in Ottawa where spring has sprung, the grass is riz.