Was it Neill?  Richard's are less than 1/4" on the stem but do open out to a
little less than 1/2" which is less than spangles take up.  I just like the
feel
of them.
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org

 I have some, but they aren't that narrow. They take just as much space as most
of my other bobbins. The most slender I have were made by the Perrins' son (SMP
lace, his name escapes me, starts with N?) and lots of them would fit on a
pillow in one layer.

If you want narrow bobbins but with a square end, you should check out the

--
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada