I asked a few days ago about a Trident edge.

Well, yesterday I was looking through some IOLI Bulletins - looking for
something else, - and came a cross a series of articles on Figurative
Reticella bobbin lace by Susan Lambiris - and there, beautifully worked and
diagrammed was exactly what I was looking for!!!!!

As I have already started the piece, and worked the trident how I thought it
must be worked - similar to a piece in the little blue Cluny book by
Rutgers, - I am very happy to fine I am correct, and that is how Susan shows
to work these "spikes".

So - I haven't reinvented the wheel after all!!!!!  But it is a nice feeling
to find I am on the right track.

Thank you to those who offered advice when I initially asked.

Regards from Liz in cold, grey, damp and dismal Melbourne, Oz
lizl...@bigpond.com