The last item pictured on the site Avital gave us (below) was by  Veronica
Main, England.

Perhaps there are some who are more than a little interested, so you might
like to know that Main wrote a excellent book:  "Swiss Straw Work -
Techniques of a Fashion Industry", 2003, ISBN 0-9541795-0-1, Main Collins
Publishing (self-pub.), 192 pages, very well illustrated in color, with
detailed
instructions, soft cover.

Chapters on History, Materials, Equipment, Split Straw, Straw Thread, Whole
 Straw, Flattened Straw, etc.

Some of this work is done using needlelace techniques.

If you cannot find the book, contact me personally, and I will share  how
to reach the author in England.  Without her permission, I will not  violate
her privacy on our public site (Arachne) --
which Google picks up!

****Security reminder to those who like to jump in with  additional
information -- think twice about what you are sharing --  Google captures what
you
write to Arachne.****

Jeri Ames in  Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 10/9/2012 4:05:08 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,