hi everyone
it has been raining since last friday.  temps have been in mid-40f range since
then.  we lost power aome time around 1 a.m. tuesday morning...when i left for
work this morning it was still out.
luckily we have lots of candles.  beloved's water gas heater is an old one and
doesn't rely on electricity to work so we have hot showers...one thing i am
eternally grateful for.  there is a working fireplace...lots of wood in the
garage...and a gas stove so we can keep warm and eat.  luckily all of my
camping gear from my recent trip to ithaca is at hand..led flashlights are
wonderful.  and the person who invented polar fleece has my undying
gratitude.
lacemaking lore came in handy.  rigged up a variarion on a lacemaker's lamp
with stemless wineglasses filled with water and a votive candle.
weird thing is thatt everyon across the street never lost power.  power
company on tuesday said three to five days before service is restored.  while
this has been a fun adventure i am hoping to come home to lights tonight.
pegat work in cleveland oh where there is light and heat