Hello to One and All!

This Saturday while "yard saleing" with my neighbor, I
purchased cream silk dupioni curtains for $2US.  The silk is in very good
condition.  I want to make a suit out of this fabric.  Years ago I've designed
a cluny style lace for my suits.  Each lace pattern is made individually to
follow the cut of each individual clothing pattern. In addition to the lace
trim around the edges it has a motif running from the back neckline down to
the center of the back.  Then hand applied to the clothing.  My dilemma...I
prefer the color blue over white/cream clothing.  (I don't need to look larger
than I'm already am!  I'm no longer a size 6!) So dye the silk to the color
that I want and make my lace white.  (Which I prefer and I have a lot of
thread for this on hand.)  Or keep the silk the cream color and make the lace
a royal blue.

So here's my question. For blue lace...what thread would you
recommend and why?  I'm usually making lace in rayon or linen threads.  But
for this piece I don't want to use rayon.

Hugs,

Susie Rose

My Etsy
store:  http://www.susierosedesigns.etsy.com