Dear Ayla, and other newbies to the list...

When I first joined Arachne, I had only been making lace for about six weeks!
However, I had a medical crisis that confined me for another six weeks, so I
could not go to guild meetings to continue my lessons.  (Note to guilds...
Have an outreach volunteer for just such an emergency!).

However, after going on-line and discovering Arachne, I posted, had an
avalanche of responses, made a dear friend of another (seasoned) lacemaker
merely 40 miles away (over the mountain), received tons if help, and the rest
is history!

This list is definitely a huge boost to newcomers...  But only if you post!  Be
careful not to reveal email address or mailing address in a post to the list,
but if you give a general region and the country you're in, then chances are
you can eventually find a mentor, as I did.

Thanks, Tamara Duvall!    VBG

Clay

Clay Blackwell
Lynchburg, VA, USA