Smaller sheets/notebooks are available at office supply stores and Target in
the US, with binder holes or sans holes.  They typically come in 4 and 5 (to
the inch) and there is more selection during late summer for back-to-school.
You can also set a grid size and color you want in Microwoft Excel (or Mac's
Excel version) and print it out, but are limited to standard paper sizes
(perhaps legal or banner for some printers).

I use graph paper for other
needlework and charting things as I write designs, and you can get large sized
sheets (in a huge 'tablet') at Blick's (which used to be Dick Blick's).  They
have lots of sizes of grids, typically from 10 (per inch) to larger.  It may
be larger size and more sheets than you need, and the cost is fair to
midland.  For those used to buying bobbins and thread, etc., it isn't a huge
expense.

(Harder to find a place to store it.  I slide my various grids
behind my drafting table or perhaps you have a shelving unit.  Might work nice
to make a hanger for it and hang it off the wall, as they tend to curl on the
edges after time.  I suppose if one wanted, you could purchase a portfolio.
Mine aren't the right size).

Anyway, grid paper is great to have around in
various sizes (I tend to use 8 and 10 the most), as you never know when the
creative urge will hit in various media.  For instance, you can even chart
your hardanger on it.  I use it all the time for so many different things.
HTH,
Susan Reishus