In our discussion about teaching children we forgot to mention social media like Facebook.

Last year shorty after I was elected President of my Branch of the Australian Lace Guild, I set up a state Facebook page as an outreach tool. Go out to the market place where the young hang out. Most of my regulars are people like me but at a recent craft fair I told the young ones to find us on Facebook and the affirming looks were great and our 'likes' jumped.

Yesterday I used it to affirm the show results for 2 children who do not even live in my state. I offered their teacher to put up the winning entries on Facebook. She sent me photos of the winning entries and up they went with a bit of a buzz and affirmation from the State Facebook friends.

 https://www.facebook.com/NswBranchAustralianLaceGuild

We are all part of a very small world even if distances between us are the size of a planet

Anna from a sunny and warm Sydney