I have ordered the catalog from Amazon for $39. I have Prime, so I get free shipping, but shipping may be free otherwise as well.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where the weather is absolutely gorgeous. High of 76F 21C, sunny light breeze. Rain and cold front tonight.

Devon wrote:
Fellow Spiders-

I had a quick walk through of the Interwoven Globe exhibit at  the
Metropolitan Museum of Art yesterday on my lunch hour. It is nine rooms and I want
to go back and do the full audio tour which I anticipate will take  several
hours, with the need for refreshments and rest at intervals. There are  not
very many benches in this exhibit, I might add.

But, my initial observation is that it is dazzling and  probably the
textile exhibit that would justify a trip to New York, so you might want to start
making travel plans now. The objects are just beautiful and in  excellent
condition. I didn't read many of the descriptions since I didn't have  much
time, so I can't comment on them. But the concept, about the international
cross-pollination of textiles in the period 1500-1800 is fascinating.

There is really no lace, so don't go for that  reason.

I bought the catalogue ($65, cloth bound!) and it is very  beautiful with
color pictures of the objects and also many other objects not in the exhibit
which provide context. It is not merely a picture book, as there is  a lot
of text that I am sure further expands the wall descriptions.

I for one, would like Jeri to review the catalogue since it is  obviously
not a "quick read", and I am not sure when I am going to have time to digest
it.