Hello All!  Others have named good teachers & I've been fortunate to be on the 
receiving end in their classes.  So Bravo--keep up the good work!  However, I'd 
like to make a point using my embroidery experiences.  There are some wonderful 
embroiderers (& lacemakers!) out there.  They are quick to develop a concept & 
run with it, their work product is beyond reproach--BUT--they can't teach their 
way out of a paper bag.  Sorry--it's the truth.  They are simply incapable of 
conveying their knowledge to anyone else.  Can DO, but can't teach embroidery.  
I've sat in class only to realize I signed up for several hours of nothing.  
Nor am I the only student who has come away from these events with glazed eyes 
saying "huh??"!!  Actually, some of the best teachers are not (compensated) 
teachers at all.  They are the friends & mentors who nudge in the right 
direction or gently point out the error.  In that regard, Arachne members 
clearly lead the pack.  Ever grateful here.  Sincerely,!
  Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA                

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]. Photo site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacemaker/sets/

Reply via email to