i found many years ago while demonstrating that if i put my feet up on a
flat brick, that little bit saved not only my feet but my lower back too.
 it is tense work sharing our lovelies.  because of the weight, i didn't
want to carry 2 bricks with me so i got styrofoam and used that.  you can
cover the pieces (one for each foot - or one longer one) but the damp from
the ground makes it look tacky.  one old timer saw this and made little
foot stools for each of us demonstrating and while a bit heavier, blends
great with our costumes of being pioneer women/men.

i am sure you can look around and find something to help ease your later
aches.  i never feel the pain until afterwards because it is too much fun.
 now i don't have to be concerned and with my tripod table, piano stool
with a full back, my tote with my pillow and supplies (including my little
stool), i go and come home having not only the pleasure of the day but the
glow afterwards for the benefits sharing always grants me.  Happy lacing.

Hugs, Lin and the Mali
*I just realized I am so old, I have forgotten I have been there and done
that.*