Further to my earlier email, the text below is copied from my last
correspondence with the music supplier and I thought it would be worthwhile to
forward it too:

QUOTE  Just as I suspected....you should look at a "Frame Drum Bag" they look
a lot like cymbal bags but are sized to fit the depth of the drum's shallow
shell. Meinl offer a four different sizes and we do show them on our site with
a part # like MEI-MFDB22 which strangely enough is a 22" bag, the 20" looks
like MFDB20 etc.

Check those out to see if they might work better at keeping your thread work
from getting tangled.  END QUOTE

So, a frame drum bag might be a consideration as well.  Good luck, and sorry
if I am off-topic a bit here.

Ruth Johnson
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada