Hi Robin,
I use Lace8 on my MacBook Pro.  I have something called VisualBox
which brings up the Windows desktop and I can access Lace8 through it.  Some
things are a little temperamental at times but with help, I have managed to
use it. I think I use the fn key and delete at the same time to delete an
element.  Previously I was using Lace RXP through the same VisualBox.  Don't
ask me how to install it all, my SIL did it for me a number of years ago.
Exporting is a pain as I can never remember where to save it to and be able to
access it in Mac.  It takes me several attempts but I think old age has more
to do with it than anything. :-)
Janice

<Well I was kind of excited to check
out the Lace8 program.  I don't design
bobbin lace, but I was sure I could use
it for Tatting...And then the bomb
dropped.

I'm beyond disappointed that it
only works on a windows machine.  I'm not
sure I know anyone personaly that
even uses a windows based computer
anymore.  I mean I know people do, just not
in my personal world of artists
and graphic designers. (I have the same
frustration with genealogy
programs) With Mac being the largest computer
company in the world I would
think it would be in the best interest of the
software people to make sure
there was a Mac compatible version.

*SIGH* Guess
I'll stick with Illustrator.