It is probably quite true that there are other, equally difficult, perhaps more beautiful large pieces of point ground lace out there, but when you say, "Miss Channer's Mat," many, many people in the bobbin lace world know what you're talking about. Making Miss Channer's Mat is something of a cachet, certainly a major achievement that is readily recognized without saying anything more about numbers of bobbins, size, time to make, or any other elaboration. It certainly is in my bucket list.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA where I got a very little bit of cross country skiing in before the slick icy rain began today.