>From Ancestry.co.uk
The National Probate Calendar (index of Wills and Administrations) 1858-1966
has:
CHANNER, Catherine Campbell of Flat 1, Green-lane Clapham Bedfordshire spinster
died 10 March 1949 at the County Hospital Bedford.  Probate [granted at]
Birmingham 29 July to Herbert Nathaniel Hall retired solicitors managing clerk.
 Effects £137-19s-4d.

Herbert Nathaniel Hall was her executor, he may, or may not, have been a
beneficiary.  If anyone wants to apply for her Will (or just the administration
if she didn't leave a Will) download the application form from
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/pa001s-eng.pdf
and send a UK cheque for £6 to the address on the form (which is in Leeds).

The value of her estate was very modest, certainly not enough to have owned her
own home.
She was born in Devon in 1874, the daughter of a Church of England vicar, and
was living at home with her parents in 1911 (aged 37) although she was not with
them in 1901.
Her mother, also named Catherine, died in in Warwick in 1934 aged 89 and her
father Edgar Channer died in 1939 aged 88 in Bedford.

Anything designed/published by Miss Channer will be copyrighted to her heirs
until 31st December 1919 (as Jean says, 70 years from the end of the year in
which she died).  After that they will be in the public domain.

Brenda

On 7 Jan 2014, at 22:49, dmt11h...@aol.com wrote:

> Do we really have any idea who the rights holder is to the  original
> pattern? Did Miss Channer do the work for hire for a school, in which  case
> they
> or their successors own the copyright. Or did she leave her  estate including
> copyrights to her children, or other family members, since  she is known as
> Miss Channer?

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk