Hi Arachnids

At last Cathy Barley and I have managed to get Cathy’s needle lace book
printed as Print-on Demand, she has just received her first books and they
look good. Our printer will scan a previously printed book or work from a pdf
of a new one. He will also post books as required and is very helpful and
trustworthy. Perhaps now we will be able to get some of those out-of-print
books again. Please contact Cathy Barley catherinebar...@btopenworld.com  or
myself for further information.

For those interested in very fine pins I have found a source of entomological
pins, Watkins & Doncaster www.watdon.co.uk . The pins are 38mm long with nylon
heads and are available with diameters 0.25mm upwards in increments of 0.05mm
to 0.7mm, the last one being 0.7mm long. I have been using a 0.35 dia pin size
0 for my very fine Bucks Point ref. no. E6861B and although there is a
tendency for them to bend, if you use them carefully it is not a problem, and
I have not found any other very fine pins of this size. I will be trying the
finer pins and let you know how I get on.  Do not be tempted to use the
cheaper black enamelled pins, I have tested them and they will rust.

Happy lacemaking

Alex