The folders of labels are held in the Librarian's Office at The Hollies and I'm sure anyone who wishes to see them only has to ask.... There are, I think, around 20-30 A4 lever-arch files full. (I can't remember if there were 100 labels per file or more). They were created from the lace sent in for the Lacemakers' Census a few years ago, and many of the 3,000 plus labels were photographed and included in Lace magazine, over a number of years - from issue 115 in 2005 to 130 in 2008, so if you have access to these magazines via your Guild's library you don't even need to visit the Hollies to see them! A book "Sixteen Patterns from The Lacemakers' Census" (I think that is the title) was published at the time, and is still available from the Guild. Being on the Guild's Exec, I hope no-one thinks I'm advertising by mentioning this. The book should also be available through other suppliers.

I've trimmed the original message, but for some reason the signature lines became invisible in the quote below, so if they show back up when it posts to the list I apologise. I will go back into edit before it posts, and see if I can prevent any bits that shouldn't be there from getting through, but this could explain why a couple of times lately I've thought I've trimmed all the unwanted bits off until I've had a message back from Avital!

In message <CAN+WhzVxdbS3ECNAnFgS6Z6CUJVXHKkx8X=vb7HqChZ=u+b...@mail.gmail.com>, Bev Walker <walker.b...@gmail.com> writes
Our lace groups in BC Canada sent luggage labels. We have wondered where
they ended up and whether one can see them?
e.g. if visiting in England.

--
Jane Partridge