Just to add to Jeri’s posting about the Great Tapestry of Scotland, it is
beautifully illustrated with a wealth of information about the story behind
each panel, planning on seeing it when it’s at the Scottish parliament later
this year.

But there is also a wonderful book about the Tapestry of Prestonpans [which
lies a few miles from Edinburgh] it too is also beautifully illustrated and
tells the story of Bonnie Prince Charlie’s journey from France to victory at
Prestonpans in 1745. It was also designed by Andrew Crummy who designed the
GTofS tapestry. There is a very informative web site about
itwww.prestonpanstapestry.org and fingers crossed we will get to see this one
also.

And for final tapestry overload I believe that the Scottish Diaspora Tapestry
is also nearing completion and panels will be on display in Edinburgh at St
Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral in August.  Its another community project based on
the dispersal of Scotlands people around the world, more information
atwww.scottishdiasporatapestry.org, believe Andrew Crummy is involved with
this project too.

Trusting the message goes as I’m using a new system so a sharp learning curve