Dear Janice and other Friends,
April 25th is ANZAC Day here in Australia and so I've spent today making one of your red Remembrance Day Poppies. It's really come out well, so tomorrow I shall make another for my best mate Des which we can then wear as we march in Adelaide, South Australia where our entire Battalion is having its first ever reunion since Vietnam in 1970.

I have to say though, that as I worked it, I couldn't help but think what a great project this would make for a beginner!! You can easily finish one in a day; you'd learn hanging on and throwing out pairs; cloth stitch and twists and end up with a useful object. Plus, for me, it finally got rid of some thick old red crochet cotton I'd been hanging on to for years awaiting the right project. :)

I'm sure Janet won't mind me mentioning her website again:-

www.lacemakersofillinois.org

David in Ballarat, AUS