Dear Spiders,

My Lace Guild magazine arrived yesterday and I was over the moon to see the
pattern and working diagram of Christine Johnson's Medieval Garden and for
which Christine was awarded the John Bull Trophy for 'lace by a lacemaker
who is not a teacher'.

I just had to write to thank Christine, who I think is a member of Arachne -
she will not know me, I am generally a 'Lurker' but I felt compelled to
write to Christine for being so generous in submitting this pattern to the
magazine and the time spent originally working out a coloured diagram of the
technical drawing.  I first saw the photo of the finished lace on the back
of issue Number 151 and just 'drooled' over it and wished it was a pattern
available to us.

Well my wish came true as here it is, looking absolutely beautiful again in
the current issue.  I have been floundering a bit for the past five or six
months due to some sad family circumstances and doing a little bits on
pieces already on the go but none of them seem to pull me in to get
enthusiastic again.  All I keep saying to my friends is that I need
'inspiring' but had no idea what to do, that is until I opened the Lace
Magazine yesterday and Woo Hoo!  I cannot possibly do any justice to your
amazing piece Christine but you have spurred me on and at last I have found
my 'get-up-and-go' and diving into my cupboard for a spare pillow, bobbins
and thread!!  I cannot wait to get started J  I guess this is also giving
advance warning to Jacquie Tinch, our lace tutor just what I will be turning
up with in class - she is probably turning a nice shade of puce at the
thought - only joking Jacquie, she relishes a challenge!

That's it and all that is left is to say once again a huge thanks to
Christine for unknowingly lifting my spirits.

Jill

In Redhill, Surrey in the UK, where it is a Bank Holiday (Public Holiday)
and the sun is shining - usually Bank Holidays are notoriously a wash-out