Following up on the subject of finding pretty lace for a wedding gown, my
sister, my niece and I got together today to talk about options.  We have no
viable options here for purchasing nice lace.  When we sourced it on the
Internet, it was clear that we would be paying a huge sum for lace alone.

We then thought it might be worthwhile to go to our local YWCA, where they have
a Bridal Shop.  Gowns are donated to the "Y" by design houses and large
retailers, as well as individuals.  The proceeds from the sales support the
programs for women and children which the "Y" sponsers!  My thought was that we
could deconstruct a gown and repurpose the lace for her own gown.

As it turned out, we found an incredible designer gown which originally
retailed for $5,000 which I can modify without complexly deconstructing!  The
resulting gown will have a lot more lace than she had dreamed of!  Better
still, the label indicates that the lace is silk and was made in France, and
the gown itself was made in Canada!  No Chinese suffered for this gown!

The bride is "over the moon" with excitement over this gown!  I like this
solution on a lot of levels!

Clay

Sent from my iPad