As a preliminary communication I need to tell you have pictures of two Downton
gimp bobbins, both of which are older than the Salisbury museum dated bobbin
(1693) ( see my article on webdocs  Arizona.  England's Oldest Bobbin..etc)

Until this find, the Salisbury museum bobbin was the oldest “dated” bobbin
known in England.

I am pursuing investigations to find the owner to try and get more photos.

I just need to tell you that i did the equivalent of dumpster searching as i
found them in a picture of a pile of 300 East Devon bobbins... and i mean a
pile! (Empty them out of a box and take a pic!!!!)

I must be mad!

I am very excited.  Little things please little minds.

Brian