Looking forward to seeing that Christine.
Sue T
Dorset UK

Yesterday, I spent a very exciting day with 2 friends, Eileen and Jan, being
filmed making lace for Countryfile. We are members of Isis lacemakers, and
were asked at very short notice by The Lace Society if we could attend. Of
course, any other plans (such as work) for that day were cancelled! It was a
lovely sunny day and we were given just a few minutes to set up a display on a
picnic table! We were then filmed making lace. We were not interviewed on
camera, but got to meet the lovely John Craven, and also spotted Ellie
Harrison, who I've always thought a pretty girl; believe me, in the flesh she
is quite a beauty.
We were part of a feature on boxwood and its uses, and had been asked to bring along boxwood bobbins. Also featured were a wood turner using a bow lathe, and
musicians playing boxwood wind instruments.
The BBC crew were so nice, everything was so calm and laid back.
So, look out for Countryfile on 1st June BBC1. As it usually pulls in an
audience of around 6 million, we could be seen by a lot of people (potential
lacemakers??). Hopefully there will be more than a fleeting glance, but even
if we end up on the cutting room floor we had a great time!
Christine Lardner (Oxford UK)