Hi,

I have just returned from a very interesting evening. Our cultural center
which has been rather dormant for a long time due to all kind of problems
has a new cultural director and one of his first ideas was   to group all
the artists in town together. You won't believe it , for a small town of
hardly 24.000 inhabitants, , we did quite well in finding over 50 artists
and crafts people and I''m pretty sure we still didn't find all. I
volunteered to help in this venture and rounded up as many artists and
crafts people as possible.

In spite of the security problems right now a lot of people arrived and 8
artists were chosen to give a short presentation about their art. I was
among them. I had 8 minutes to tell as much as possible about lace making
and show my work. I picked up several themes of my work. pictures, 3 D
objects like flowers and mobiles plus my little witch on her broom, and
some of my bookmarks. I chose those in order to show the diversity of what
can be done with bobbin lace. People were really interested, but it is just
that temperatures dropped from 35C to 21C and most forgot to bring along
something warm.

It was a lovely evening with presentations on porcelain painting, mosaics,
quilting and fiver arts, lots of wonderful talents.

Miriam.
 in Arad, Israel

.