Well done Sue, but unfortunately not everyone is as positive and determined
as you.

I know that not all the people who were in my classes and who dropped out
one or two at a time, over several price raises, are still making lace.  I am
still seeing many of the ones who were able to hang in until the end, when
the both price shot up and concessions were removed at the same time, but
the ones who left earlier have mostly disappeared from my circle.

I do agree with what you are saying though as I was originally self taught,
and when I first went to classes I found it very strange when people just
chatted while waiting for help, instead of trying to work out what to do.  I
now see people monthly and it's a good compromise for all as they have to
think for themselves a bit or they can't do anything for a long time, but if
they are seriously stuck they know help is coming.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire