Hi All,  I got my copy of Youghal Irish Needle Lace by Elizabeth Kurella a
couple weeks ago and it is fantastic.  I want to add my two cents to
Jeri's review.

I think any needle lacer would love this book.  Elizabeth includes many,
many graceful designs - flowers, buds, leaves, shamrocks, etc.  from large
pieces in her collection and others.  They are really charming designs and
I find many I would like to make in the needle lace techniques I know.

She also includes photos of the repeats of the pattern where the lace
maker used different stitches in the flower repeats.  (I hope that is
clear.)  I love seeing how the different stitches can change the look of
the piece.  I always include that in my Battenberg classes.

Some of the designs are quite ornate and some are simply elegant.  A few
remind me of Gros Point with a dazzling array of stitches on each flower.

As Jeri mentioned the book also includes a reprint of Irma Osterman's book
on Youghal Lace.  Irma taught many kinds of needle lace. I was thrilled to
learn Point de Gaze from her at the Ithaca lace days.  So Elizabeth's book
has information on the technique and many, many inspiring designs.

So those are my thoughts on Youghal Irish Needle Lace.  I am a friend of
Elizabeth's but I don't get paid for this review <G> I just want to share
the eye candy!!

Jane in Vermont, USA where we are having a little more summer heat for a
few days.
jvik...@sover.net