Changing the password will only help if the actual email address has been
hacked into and the account is being used to send out spam.   This happened to
me once and I received thousands of messages back telling me that my emails
(which of course, I hadn't sent!) to various addresses couldn't be delivered.
 I did change my password but it still took weeks for the flow of undeliverable
emails to stop

However, if the person is unaware that spam is being sent under their name and
address, its more likely that their list of contacts and own address has been
captured by malware downloaded onto the computer without them being aware.
This is a common way of making it looks as if the message comes from Kazaman,
when in effect, it isn't - the spammers aren't even using her address, just
trying to make it look as of they are.    Changing the password doesn't help i.
This situation.....its similar to my writing someone else's return address on
the back of a snail-mail envelope rather than my real address.

I'm not aware of anything which can be done in this situation - the recipients
need to be vigilent and just delete the messages.   The spammers will move onto
using someone else's identity - could even be mine!

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)