> When I've sent review copies of my book I've always expected an 'honest'
> review in return!

That’s what I have always expected too.

I send review/inspection copies to the traders whom I hope will stock the books
and review copies to a few organisations who publish journals/magazines.  Of
course one always hopes for a good review but it’s not guaranteed.

I did actually get a poor review of the first edition Threads for Lace in the
Lace Guild magazine - because the reviewer didn’t understand how to use it.
That actually prompted one or two letters to the Editor in disagreement with
the review, and in the end generated more publicity and positive comments, but
if the Lace Guild members generally had been agreement or indifferent to the
original review it would have remained as a poor review.

Brenda in Allhallows
paternos...@appleshack.com
www.brendapaternoster.co.uk