Good morning

Just to let everyone know that BBC2 gave lacemaking a bit of publicity last
night.   The contestants have to make a pencil line skirt but in lace fabric
and it had to be lined as well.    At the end of the challenge the programme
then went on to say that lacemaking has been made since the 16th Century,
especially in Olney and showed four ladies doing bobbin lace and explaining
a bit about it.   They then went onto show the lace machines.     The
feature was probably about 5 minutes long and it was nice to see it
included.    The programme is on BBC2 and has a repeat tomorrow (I think).
For those not in the UK who would like to see it it can be seen in iplayer.

A nice little advert for lacemaking although they did say it was slow to
produce.

Maureen

E Yorkshire UK

where it is sunny and set to warm up for the weekend.

And Wolds lacemakers have our lace meeting tomorrow in Hull UK.