No one has mentioned this, perhaps I’m the only one with this experience?
Back in the days when we didn’t have scanners and our computers ran on tapes
there was no option but to draw out our prickings by hand.  I well remember
the first big project I made, it was a doily.  I had just taken it off the
pillow and laid it out on the coffee table to admire when our dog snatched it
up and ran off with it.  While there was no damage to the actual lace (or the
dog) it was pretty dirty and I had to wash it.  It shrunk, so I used the
pricking to block it.  Naturally, in spite of indelible ink, it bled into the
lace.  This year I had occasion to block a large piece of lace (the major
disaster I wrote about) and, in spite of using two layers of plastic over the
original pricking, the ink still started to bleed up around the pins.
Fortunately I was watching closely and I removed the lace before it got dyed.
Normally you can block out lace without having to use the original pricking
but if the shrinkage is too much you have to use the pricking as a guide?  How
do others solve the problem of blocking?  Sharon on Vancouver Island