What a good question! I see that we all have the same storage problems!

I have kept changing the way I store my bobbins, and now I have them in
transparent plastic boxes (in fact, those for chocolates of Ferrero-Rocher,
 http://idealgift.com.my/add-on-gifts/ferrero-t16.html). They are the
perfect size of my bobbins (all continentals, of different nationalities).
I have many of these boxes and it is really practical to be able to see
which bobbins are inside each box.

I keep the thread in metallic boxes, usually nice painted ones, belonging
to biscuits or chocolates. They are so nice, that I do not want to throw
them away. But they are not transparent, so I have to glue a sticker at the
front indicating what kind of thread is inside: linen, cotton, silk, white,
colour, metallic... etc. I find transparent boxes more practical.

As a matter of fact, I think the best solution is a cabinet, as Alice
mentions. But again... we need the space for the cabinet!

My pillows do not have a specific place, they are all around the house: on
top of book shelves, on pillow stands in the sitting room, in my studio, on
the dining room table... By the way, a good solution of getting some more
space in your home is borrowing the pillows not in use! I have borrowed a
big bolster pillow and am really happy not to see it around all day! I hope
my friend takes a lot time to finish her project!!

Have a good weekend and happy lacemaking!

​
Antje González, from Spain, where we will reach 38º today!

​
www.vueltaycruz.es