I missed Nancy's post. Thanks for the defence.

As was identified in the posts these photocopies were from very recognisable
sources. So Nancy is right that it's about books in print.

I received a further email from the vendor telling me that they were disabled,
in constant pain and this was how they made their living. That still doesn't
excuse threatening behaviour on the part of the vendor. Should I have written
to say that my dad has just died and the cat is undergoing chemo do don't be
rude to me?  (Both true)

Manners maketh man

We go through the copyright debate every few months. Personally I believe that
if in doubt then don't sell it or take a further copy for a friend. If you
don't want it then give it to a lace group library. But, some people seem to
know the cost of everything and the value of nothing

So Nancy. Big hug.

Kind Regards,

Liz Baker