Saved my pennies and splurged on a wonderful book called DIE LETZTEN IHRER
ART.  It's about types of laces made in the former Sudetenland after the
war, and it's a beautiful book!!!!

The style of the lace in the book, to me, looks like a cross between Idrija
and Lepoglava laces.the winding cloth stitch of the Idrija which suddenly
blossoms into the half-stitch shading of the Lepoglava laces.

It was pricey, but I figured there are about 80 patterns in the book, and it
works out to about $1 per pattern.  [Blatant rationalization]

My time to make lace has been severely limited of late.  I've decided to
concentrate on tape laces.easily portable, and not a lot of bobbins to keep
track of.   Just wish there were more hours in the day.  SIGH!!!!

Peg

In Cleveland Heights, Ohio USA, where the crickets and night birds are
singing a rousing early autumn chorus.