When we do counts for silk we use yards per pound. Silk, Cotton, man made
fibers all have a fixed count of 840.

Denier gives grist or thickness of thread which is what you ( Brenda) use.
However for weaving yards per pound ypp is used to describe yarns.

Was finding a measurement she could use based on what she knew about the yarn
to find an equivalent.

Sue M

> On Oct 28, 2015, at 20:27, Brenda Paternoster <paternos...@appleshack.com>
wrote:

> Does 100/2 mean cotton count 100/2 ? or is it the metric 100/2 ? or is it
Denier?

> If it’s cotton count 100/2 , yes you will get 42,000 yards per pound.
> If it’s Nm you’ll get (100 x 1000) ÷ 2 = 50,000 metres per Kg
> If it’s denier (which is often used for silk) you’ll get 100 x 2 = 200
grams of thread for every 9,000 metres.

<bespokethreadsandya...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You could figure out yards per pound. (100x 840 silk constant)/2= 42000ypp
>>
>> Sue M
>>
>>> On Oct 28, 2015, at 15:17, Debora Lustgarten <drac...@primus.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Does anyone on the list know the equivalence or wraps per cm of Superior
Threads' "Kimono Silk" #100/2?