Hi Sharon,

Books about lacemaking are generally published in fairly short runs, simply
because there are still relatively few people in the general population who
make lace (as opposed to people who cook,  for example).  So the book is
released, bought by vendors, and if it is well received, by word of mouth
people learn about it and buy it.  Once the run is gone, the publisher and
author have to decide if a second run is in order.  Many times, the answer is
no.  So people who have bought the book but don't use it can sell it for
whatever the market will bear.

Don't be fooled by the prices you see from used book sellers.  They offer books
at inflated prices and if there is no interest, they lower the price until they
get a buyer.

Clay
Clay Blackwell
In dreary, wet, Virginia