Deborah

I have recently, in the last few years, started learning Binche.  Books by
Ulrike Voelcker that I have seen are all wonderful in terms of her knowledge
and her diagrams. But I wouldn't recommend them for beginners, simply
because the patterns tend to be very advanced and difficult ones.

Annick Staes has a self published booklet which I have found useful. Her
beginner patterns are simple and straightforward. Her diagrams are good. But
the book is black and white so you might need something else as well.

Michael Giusiana's first 3 books are basic, with good diagrams and patterns
which aren't too difficult. Although the first 2 are probably out of print
and difficult to find, even used.

The Verbeke-Billiet 3 syllabuses are thorough, with large multi-colored
diagrams, but I personally find the patterns daunting. For those with active
and resilient brains.

On laceioli we have collected bibliography lists which might be useful to
you.

http://laceioli.ning.com/group/continental-straight-laces/page/good-books

Lorelei Halley