Hi there, oh knowledgeable ones.

I had the privilege to go to Anchorage for a lace class way back in, I think,
1998. I did Bruges but I seem to remember that a few people were learning lutec
(?) lace. I think it was a bobbin lace that made use of padding techniques from
some needle laces. I have a mental picture (if I could do those, a topic for a
future post) of them laying loads of short pieces of thread where they wanted
it thicker. Have I totally confused you all yet? Anyway, I don't remember ever
hearing of this lace since then. Did I completely make up this memory or is
there such a lace? If the latter then was it just a short term 'fad' or does it
have any history?

Regards, Helen

(On the west coast of mainland Canada where we are finally getting some more
rain)