I have just discovered Aurifil. It comes from Italy and it comes in 3 sizes 28, 40 and 50. The DMC equivalents are, Broder Machine 30 = Aurilil 28 and Broder 50 = Aurifil 50. best part is that if you are working Flanders or Point Ground laces, the Aurifil 50 and 28 can be used together as base thread and gimp. Oh it also has a silky shine when worked up.

Check out you local quilting shops. They have huge colour range as well.

Anna in Sydney where winter has finally come and rain for the first time in months!