From: Carolina de la Guardia<mailto:cade...@gmail.com>
Sent: 23 June 2016 17:44
To: Lace Arachne<mailto:lace@arachne.com>
Subject: [lace] Knipling's Festival in Tonder

Hi all,

The year 2014, I was fortunate to attend a workshop on design and technique
applied to creation of lace for clothing, carried out by Jana Novak in The
Catalonian Lace Ass. -ACP-, in Barcelona. She then, encouraged all of us to
design our own pieces and gave us the opportunity to participate in the
Fashion Show that she had to organize within the Knipling’s Festival in
Tonder 2016.

As a result, I have contributed to the Fashion Show with four pieces: a
shawl, two tops, and one vest. A fellow Spanish lacemaker, Encarna
Gonzalez, has also sent a vest and a “poncho”.

I have enjoyed a lot designing and making the pieces and I have been lucky
enough to assist to the Festival, so I feel very happy. I have put on my
web a report of the trip with two slide shows, one on the Fashion Show and
another on a fantastic exhibition of Vologda laces and a short video on the
Spanish participation that maybe would you like to see.

http://www.carolgallego.com/2015/tonder_festival.html

Enjoy!

Kind regards from Barcelona. Spain

Carolina de la Guardia