Hi All
I make Teneriffe and am about to embark on Nanduti.

They are made differently but look similar.

They come from drawn thread work which is embroidered lace BUT

Teneriffe is made on a circular disc and I have a few that are other shapes (OK all home made). The base thread is held in place by pins that surround the disk. Initially the thread is woven over the base thread, some patterns are formed by knotting the decorative thread onto the base threads. The completed motifs are joined using a knotting stitch.

Nanduti is done in a similar way BUT the base thread is mounted on fabric after the centre is completed the the fabric is cut away. The motifs are joined at the initial setting up stage. First motif is free then the other motifs are joined as the base thread is sewn on.

Now it is a type of needle lace but has some knotting as its base. Therefore take your pick. When I enter Teneriffe in shows I usually put it under needle lace since that is usually the closest category.

I hope this helps

Anna from a wintery Sydney