>From : hcl...@mac.com
Date : 29/07/2016 - 20:17 (GMTDT)
To : lace@arachne.com
Subject : [lace] Survey Request

I would like you please to send me your answer to the questions below. I will
collate them all and send a summary to the list.

1) Can you 'see' a picture in your head?

A) Yes, but only if I have just seen it in reality
B) Yes, but only if I have ever seen it
C) Yes, even if I have to imagine what it would look like
D) No, when I shut my eyes I just see darkness

2) What is/was your involvement with lace in YOUR opinion

A) I make/made lace from existing designs
B) I make/made lace that includes my own designs
C) I am/was a lace designer who also makes lace
D) I am interested in lace and/or lacemaking but I don't make any

You can just tell me something like "I'm 1C and 2B" or you can tell me more
detail, the choice is yours. Please do answer though!

There are no wrong answers and none are 'better' than the others so please be
honest. I will keep your individual answers confidential and only provide the
list with a statistical summary.

This is a topic that has intrigued me since my childhood. I have wondered what
the ratio would be for artists and craftsmen of various types and how it
impacts their ability and willingness to try various crafts. I have seen how
various members of my family developed likes and dislikes based on their
answer. I would now like to understand this wonderful group who have all been
drawn to lacemaking in some way.

If anyone has any questions then do please ask.

Let's say that you have until 10th August to send me your answers. Oh, and I
will give you my personal answers with the results ;-)

Many thanks in advance, Helen (on the summery west coast of mainland Canada)