Whereas in this case, Alex has generously given her permission for these
patterns to be shared, it should never be assumed that published patterns are
for anyone to share in any particular form as the person or lace group who has
gained permission from the copyright owner chooses. It may be, as with all of
my patterns, the designer is happy to give permission to an individual to use
for teaching, but does not want his/her patterns published on the Internet. Not
all demonstrators are teachers or designers, but a simple outline is easy to
draw, (or take a leaf from your garden and draw round it) place dots for
pinholes spaced evenly (3mm apart for cotton perle 8 or metallics eg goldrush)
down each side and work it before the event to check and tweak if necessary.
Then as it is your own individual piece you don't have to worry about asking
permission to use copyright material. Several leaf shapes together will form a
flower.  You will also find people insisting on calling your !
 leaf/petal a fish!!!

Jane Partridge

Begin forwarded message: